Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Timing is everything!

We went to see Dr Prashant Nadkarni again today. He was very upbeat! (Maybe it was still early in the morning...) He had a trainee sitting in on the session.


He did Ultrasound, and he found a dominant follicle in each ovary. We also did a LH surge check (using Clearblue Fertility Kit), however there is no surge yet. I'm in Day 13 now, and this cycle seems to be different from last month. He asked me to check on the LH surge again over the next 2 days and to come in when I see a positive. If within the next 2 days, there is no positive, I'm to come in on the following day as this test may not be effective on me.


The ultrasound also showed slight thinning on the uterus.... It should be "nice and fat" for implantation. Dr Prashant said it could be an effect of Clomid (it is known to have this side effect), or it could be that it is not yet ovulation time and hence it is still a bit thin. In any case, I am to be scanned when there's an LH surge.


I asked him about the next step once there is a positive. He said I can opt for IUI, or my hubby & I can try the normal way first if we want to, as it's our first cycle on Clomid. He advised to "be together" over the next 2 days to catch the ovulation! :-)


I read up on the net - the best times to have intercourse after an LH surge is on that day, and 2 days after... And as "insurance", another additional day. Man, timing is everything!! Ovulation is supposed to occur 24-48hours after the LH surge, with the best times being 36hours after the surge.


How do we get it so accurately then? I guess for newly-weds, they can be at it like rabbits, hence their chances are better!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment